Works For Me - Kitchen Towels

When someone shares a helpful tip with me, if it makes good sense then I will certainly implement it in my own life or household. And there have been a few neat ideas I've been glad to adopt. As gross as this may sound, I grew up in a household that used the same kitchen towel for a whole week for four people. Well now that I'm married and have a home of my own, I have a kitchen drawer full of a set of kitchen towels to have a fresh one ready to go. So at the beginning or end of each day the used one gets tossed into the laundry pile, and a new one gets hung on the oven handle. And if someone in the family is sick, the towels get exchanged more often or different ones get set out which keeps us less prone to passing anything on. Getting sick less is a good idea. If you like, you can check out Rocks In My Dryer for more ideas.

9 Comments:
At 11:10 PM,
Toni said…
Interesting!!!
I change our kitchen towel once a week. There are only 2 of us at home, and it's usually just me who uses it!
At 11:56 PM,
eph2810 said…
Oh - I need to clean a drawer out in my kitchen - great idea. I change my towl daily, but have to run to the hallway to get a new one.
Thanks :)
At 7:57 AM,
Ballpoint Wren said…
We keep a basket on the counter of those little blue cotton towels that come from surgery centers (my sister-in-law is a nurse). Lately I've seen them sold in cleaning supply stores.
Anyway. If we need a fresh towel, it's right there!
At 8:08 AM,
Lori said…
Great idea! I need to get more of thoes.... I rely on paper towles and that costs more money.
At 8:14 AM,
Carol said…
We use about six per day. I use those white barmops so I can bleach those horrible germs to death!
At 10:10 AM,
Mama Duck said…
We use rags and toss them in the washer after every use - the little guy runs off with them otherwise and we use them to clean up stuff I prefer not to mention ;). Have a great Wednesday - our WFMW tip is up as well!
At 11:10 AM,
Mom2fur said…
We change towels just about every day here, too! I also crochet dish cloths that I can use instead of sponges. Any way we can prevent germs...I'm all for it!
At 12:42 PM,
Overwhelmed! said…
I have a kitchen towel drawer but I'm not good about changing out the towels daily, but I like the idea!
Thanks for your comment on my WFMW (alternate use for a pot rack) post. I appreciate you stopping by!
At 7:44 PM,
Gina Conroy said…
I need to pay more attention to our kitchen towels, but we use a lot of paper towels as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home