Change Please
I must be the only person who has a coin operated washing maching in my own house. And wouldn't you know it? My only quarter in the whole house slipped out of my fingers and under the machine! I was so on a roll in the morning getting the laundry done, but that darned quarter fell before I could start the second load. So I took my shower and went on with the rest of my to do list - shopping! How else would I get a hold of a new quarter to do my laundry at home with?

And how is it that I have a coin operated washing machine in my house, you may ask? Growing up my family owned a laundromat, and when my dad shut it down he took all the machines out and saved a few for us.

And how is it that I have a coin operated washing machine in my house, you may ask? Growing up my family owned a laundromat, and when my dad shut it down he took all the machines out and saved a few for us.

6 Comments:
At 11:30 PM,
Toni said…
wow, that's awesome! a coin-operated machine.. at home. :D
At 11:16 AM,
eph2810 said…
Well now - this is something totally different. You could see it as a 'piggy bank' to pay your powerbill :)
At 1:33 PM,
Lori said…
I totally burst out laughing, because I have this sick sense of humor that I could "charge" my boys for each load of laundry I do for them =)) Evil thoughts of an over worked Mom =)))
At 5:36 PM,
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…
Thanks for stopping by once again.
Coin operated washer...now that would be a good idea..what a way to save money!! You could really save a lot. I might not get to wash as much though because I would have a time trying to find those quarters!! Ha!! and just to think they would be right there in the machine!!
At 9:16 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wow! How often to open it and take all the change out?? Very cool. Only, I wouldn't be able to save anything cuz I'd just open it up and use the same quarters all the time!!
At 4:11 PM,
on the Rock said…
I usually leave the change collection tray open and just let the same quarter drop into my hand and re-use each time. And that's when sometimes it may fall. Now I have plenty of quarters on hand. But that's too funny to use my washing machine as a piggy bank. LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home