Weird Facts About My Pet - I've Been Tagged
This is Honeybear at 3 months old, when I got him.Eph2810 has tagged me to list five weird facts about my pet. List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!
* Honeybear was shipped to me from Montreal Canada. When I was done with all my studies, I was still on my own and still interested in finding a dog for myself. My parents said people they knew just had a litter, and was fully convinced this one was exactly what I was looking for. I had to name him before I could see him so he could get his papers to board the plane. My mom wouldn’t let me name him Tiger, so based on his description I named him Honeybear.
* Honeybear gets mistaken for being a girl. I used to keep his tail and ears long when he’d get his shavedown. His last groomer disregarded my request and shortened the ears because she thought he should look like a boy. Okay, I’ll try something new. As I drove him home and stopped for an errand, a woman parked next to me saw him and exclaimed, “Hi GIRL! You’re a sweety, aren’t you!”
* Honeybear is bilingual. All his commands are spoken to him in Armenian, which is my ethnic nationality, and knows only a couple phrases in English. When I got him at 3 months, it turns out my parents only spoke to him in Armenian, and it took me a few days to figure out why he wasn’t responding to any of my English. I thought all dogs were born understanding English – silly me!
* Honeybear has 7 offspring (um, with his sister which my parents left behind for a few months that one time during an unfortunate season of heat), 6 boys and 1 girl. My sister took 2 of the boys (which my parents dog sit most of the time), and my parents kept the girl. We gave away the rest. All beautiful dogs. Since that episode he got fixed.
* Honeybear LOVES cheese. Even if my husband sneaks cheese for himself and hides it as he walks into the living room with it, Honeybear will sense or smell it immediately and follow him and sit in front of him, staring intently to have a share.
* Honeybear's dad is part poodle and part lhasa apso, and mom a huskey. How’s that for a mix.
This is Honeybear today, now 7 years old.Let’s tag: I’ve barely started getting into these, so I will try to tag a few of you who have already stopped by and commented, and have been much appreciated blogfriends, among the many. I tag the flip flop mamma!, barb, ballpoint wren, laurel wreath, and presentstorm. If you haven't been tagged and would like to take on this challenge feel free to take it on and leave me a note. I'd love to check it out!

10 Comments:
At 10:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
Heehee...I've actually done the weird things about me meme..it's back in my april archives. I'll do my pet for this one! I don't know when it'll be up though...I just posted a meme, and I try to space them out a little bit. This one sounds fun!
At 10:44 PM,
eph2810 said…
Sounds like you have an awesome dog. And I think (looking at the pictures) Honeybear is a fitting name for him. :).
Our Zoey likes all kinds of food - especailly cheese :).
Thank you so much for playing.
At 10:53 PM,
on the Rock said…
That's fine FFM! Get to it as you are able to.
Eph2810, that was alot of fun! Thanks!
At 12:36 AM,
Toni said…
honeybear is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he sounds like a grrrreat dog!
At 7:27 AM,
Barb said…
Well there's his cute little face! When you posted his photo Wednesday, my first thought was that poor little dog has no face. Seriously! You can't imagine how relieved I am you posted this photo. Imagine the challenge of feeding a dog with no face. And he's quite regal looking in the second photo.
Bad boy! All those children and with his sister? Ewww.
I HAVE been tagged on this one, by my sister Bev. Haven't done it yet though. So in the interest of ALWAYS putting at least five posts out daily so everyone stays confused and has no idea where to start, much less where to comment, I'm going to invent a new rule.
I'm doing 5 weird things about me for Bev's tag (shouldn't be too difficult to find 5 weird things about myself) and I'll do 5 weird things about Chelsea for your tag.
I'm glad you didn't name him Tiger. Honeybear just suits him. He looks so huggable. And I'm quite sure they're born speaking English and have to be taught all those foreign languages.
At 11:31 AM,
Ballpoint Wren said…
Hey, there, you Rock Lady, you!
Honeybear is such a handsome dog... he looks like a blond version of the Shaggy Dog movie dog. I'm with Barb: he is definitely a Honeybear!
Here are 5 Weird Things About My Dog, Mojo, the Bulldog:
1. He has a tail pocket: it's like a giant bellybutton and we have to keep it clean... nasty!
2. He LOVES to have his tail pocket cleaned. When I pick up my special cleaning wipes, he runs at me and turns around so his bottom faces the wipes. Again, I say, Nasty!
3. He looks like a big bruiser but is a really a big baby. If you scare him, he squeaks first, then remembers he is a dog and barks.
4. He is the stinkiest thing I've ever lived with in my entire life, and I am currently living with teenage boys.
5. I didn't want him, but Hubby did, and he has wormed his stinky little way into my heart, and he loves me best. (If I do say so myself!)
At 11:54 AM,
Barb said…
Okey dokey. I did mine. You'll have to scroll down a little in my Sunday post but it's there. And thank you for tagging me. Always fun to tell the whole world more weird stuff about Chelsea. :-)
At 5:54 AM,
Lori said…
Give me a few days, have to get pictures =))
At 6:55 PM,
Tracy S said…
How cool your baby was shipped in like that !! And Bilingual??? very cool pup you have there.
I am going to do this and post it friday ;)
thanks for the tag!
At 12:25 PM,
Norma said…
What a cutie.
Post a Comment
<< Home