Thankful Thursday
Hubby just started back to a regular dayshift last week, and boy do we feel better. It had been a full year of waking up 1am to go to a 14 hour shift most times M-F. It was horrible and major insomnia for me. Even moms with a newborn only have sleepless nights for around 3 months. But 12 months was really pushing it - I was at my limit. Now his shift is around 10 hours a day or less - much better.
Onto adoption updates. We found a new agency to work with last Fall, and now we are in waiting mode once again. We had a close call of a match a couple weeks before Christmas of a sibling group of three, which then fell through as their county needed to do more thorough work on their case.
We're up for adopting through either of two methods with this agency. Either a newborn baby through a birthmom choosing us (which was the same case as our past agency). Or find kids in the foster system who are ready for adoption.
I had originally found this agency through my search for an international adoption, as I was thinking I'd like to adopt from Armenia - but in my research I found it could cost $40,000-50,000 easily (no thanks, can't bring a child into my life and struggle with that much extra debt - plus, the potential for scams or scandals are great).
We like this agency better since they call us almost weekly with possibilities, and we've already said yes to tons of cases. But it makes the rollercoaster ride of emotions that much harder. Plus during the holidays it seemed like all the social workers in the whole state just went on vacation because nobody was giving us updates on kids. Hopefully things will speed up alittle more now. We're trying very hard to keep in mind that God must have something very specific in mind for us.
God Bless you all:)
You'll find more thankful expressions at Sting My Heart.

6 Comments:
At 9:23 PM,
Denise said…
Thanks for sharing your thankful heart.
At 10:18 PM,
eph2810 said…
Wow - 14 hour shifts - that is indeed grueling. I am glad that his shifts are much better now.
I will continue to pray for your adoption process. I know that the waiting is the hardest, but like you said, God has someone(s) very special in mind for the two of you.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.
At 1:33 AM,
A Stone Gatherer said…
God bless you guys as you continue your journey!
At 9:37 AM,
Lori said…
Ugg even 10 hours is long, but I know it is a blessing compared to what you were doing. I know the adoption process is long, but may God bless you in his perfect timiing with his perfect child.
At 10:27 AM,
Ms. Kathleen said…
I will be praying that the adoption process becomes a lot smoother. Bless your hearts for such a giving heart.
At 1:45 PM,
Heather said…
Praying for just the right kids for you...and a few more hours of sleep a night! Blessings.
Post a Comment
<< Home