Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Monday, August 28, 2006

Show Me Yours...

This week O Mama Mia's theme for "Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine" is:

Show Me Your Green Thumb. Soil, water, sunshine, love… that’s what this week’s theme is made of. Outdoors or in, whether it blooms and grows beneath your watchful eye and nurturing touch…. or just plain exists at the bare threshold of greenness…. Show Me!!

I’ll Show You Mine…

Every morning I am blessed by 15 to 20 new blooms of these morning glory growing from only one plant! One day my plan is for these to grow wrapped around the trunks of the palm trees in my back yard. I tried planting some this spring, and thought they all died. Then this one just took off and now it is growing into the palm fronds (away from the trunk)! It's a lovely site. And I start my day ultra-excited when I step out in the morning and see them! Yippee!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    You do realize of course there might be some of us out here who felt just a little green with envy when you said, "palm trees in my back yard." Right? Not me of course. But I'm sure there are some.

    I love morning glories. A lot.

    This is a cute meme. I think I'll have to check this one out.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Melanie @ This Ain't New York said…

    Hi-
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I actually have never been to NY, but would love to go. I guess I always thought of the south as the antithesis of NY. (you just have to meet my relatives! LOL)

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    What a beautiful bloom! You do have a green thumb, indeed!


    Thanks for your comment on my Active Family post!

    I hope you get back to riding your bikes in the near future. :)

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    What a beautiful picture

    the link for the "what kind of coffee are you" is http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofcoffeeareyouquiz/

    Not sure why it is not working on my site, sorry.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Pamela said…

    The Morning Glory's are beautifully wrapped around the Palm Tree. Just curious how often it blooms. Thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    That is my favorite color of pink. That you for sharing this beautiful pic with us.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    Beautiful indeed. I don't have a green thumb - so I don't even attempt growing anything...

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger someone else said…

    I came by to say hi and to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I saw this post about morning glories and loved the pretty blossom - for obvious reasons.

    I posted why I chose my blog identity and name and left the link at A Chelsea Morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home