Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Friday's Feast - A Buffet For Your Brain


Appetizer
What was the very last song you listened to?
- Just What I Needed by The Cars (heard it this afternoon in the car on the radio)

Soup
What is one company/store/corporation you would recommend that people stay away from?
- Costco - it's a love/hate relationship, I don't much appreciate the membership fee and the long lines, and most of the stuff you really don't need, and most of the other stuff is more expensive than a non-membership store... admit it...

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy having your picture made?
- 10! sounds fun, I've never tried it - well, maybe it's a little intimidating to be watched for so long for someone to draw

Main Course
Besides a bookmark, what is something you've used to keep your place in a book?
- the receipt I bought it with, or a post it

Dessert
Name a food that you like that most people don't.
- Where do I begin? Okay, I'll bring up the taboule again, but people end up liking it when they try it. It's a wonderful and healthy middle eastern salad with ingredients like parsley, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cracked wheat, lemon juice, olive oil, salt... I've only made it once, I really miss it.
But truly, every so often I get a major craving for tomato paste spread on a white slice of bread, drip some oil on top and sprinkle with salt and crushed dried mint leaves. How's that for scary. It's my comfort food. Atleast my odd food cravings are healthy too.

To participate in Friday's Feast go here.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger graymama said…

    Can I have some of your dessert?

    Great feast!

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    Good feast. Love your salad, main course and dessert.
    Mine is up too. Come feast with me.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    I want to try that dessert (the salad that is). Hope you have a great weekend - our feast is up as well!

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    I want to try both of your desserts. I have to admit, the mint "pizza" sounds different, but I believe in not knocking it til I've tried it!

    Enjoyed your feast, 'tini! And really like the name of your blog.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    I'm not a big fan of Costo either. When we have potlucks at work, people bring in taboule ... you should come to our next one :)

    Mine's up ...

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice feast.
    Happy Friday!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I haven't tried Taboula before, but it sounds wonderful and healthy! Everytime I go to Costco I can't seem to get out of there spending no less than a hundred.
    Very nice feast.
    Happy Friday!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger tasra said…

    Have to disagree with you on the Costco stuff...we get great deals, especially on diapers and diaper wipes, and if we go in the day there are hardly any lines. We have a business membership and earn rewards with every purchase so at the end of the year we end up getting all or most of our membership fee back. Just my two cents!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Your middle eastern salad actually sounds good. But that tomato paste on bread with mint leaves thing? I'm very happy for you. :-)

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Ma said…

    Great feast. Your soup is someplace where my family and I shopped alot at in Hawai'i, but it's because we have a large family and we could by in bulk.

    Yout dessert sound interesting and I would try. I'll eat almost anything at least once. Except for those insects and things that they have in some foreign countries.

    Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said…

    My comfort food is a meal we call "Beans, Rice and Meat." My grandma used to make it for my dad.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    Oh - The Cars - was the music I listen to when I was pregnant with our son :).

    Costco- stand in total agreement with you and so it Sam's Club.

    Hehe - I use the receipt at well marking the page I just read.

    For your dessert - well, what is wrong with that. I totally would eat both of them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home