Thursday Thirteen - Why Subbing is Fun
1. Kids who I've subbed for before don't remember my name, but when they see me again on their campus they get this look in their eyes as they fixate on me and walk straight to me with a big hug without saying a word, pressing their head into my tummy, and then keep walking to where they were headed - these are hugs sent to me from God. Aaaawwwwww!
2. When kids start to walk into class in the morning, their first impression of me is "she's pretty!" Aaaawwwwwww!
3. I enjoy my work when I am sufficiently paid for 6-7 hours of work.
4. It's wonderful to be done with your workday by 2pm or 3 by the latest.
5. The teacher has done all the work for me, by leaving behind well detailed and well scheduled instructions of the day's class work.
6. I can see a great improvement of focus in students, who have the most trouble staying still at the beginning of the day, after a full day of coaching them on focus and why it is important.
7. Recess and lunchtime alone while the students play.
8. Only 2 hours left to go after lunch.
9. Getting notes and pictures drawn by the kids in appreciation of me. Aaaaawwwww!
10. The only time I'm called Mrs. (one of two titles I have).
11. Sometimes I can't find a job for the day, and get to catch up on other stuff.
12. Other times I may be tired or sick and just take the day off without having to talk to somebody else about it.
13. Being eligible to join a credit union that qualified us for 5.49% interest rate on a new car loan and no money down, which we also got a $5000 rebate on! (yes, we went truck shopping for hubby last weekend instead of going away like all our neighbors did. That's okay, having the neighborhood to ourselves was like being away too.)
2. When kids start to walk into class in the morning, their first impression of me is "she's pretty!" Aaaawwwwwww!
3. I enjoy my work when I am sufficiently paid for 6-7 hours of work.
4. It's wonderful to be done with your workday by 2pm or 3 by the latest.
5. The teacher has done all the work for me, by leaving behind well detailed and well scheduled instructions of the day's class work.
6. I can see a great improvement of focus in students, who have the most trouble staying still at the beginning of the day, after a full day of coaching them on focus and why it is important.
7. Recess and lunchtime alone while the students play.
8. Only 2 hours left to go after lunch.
9. Getting notes and pictures drawn by the kids in appreciation of me. Aaaaawwwww!
10. The only time I'm called Mrs. (one of two titles I have).
11. Sometimes I can't find a job for the day, and get to catch up on other stuff.
12. Other times I may be tired or sick and just take the day off without having to talk to somebody else about it.
13. Being eligible to join a credit union that qualified us for 5.49% interest rate on a new car loan and no money down, which we also got a $5000 rebate on! (yes, we went truck shopping for hubby last weekend instead of going away like all our neighbors did. That's okay, having the neighborhood to ourselves was like being away too.)

10 Comments:
At 9:46 AM,
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…
Sounds like a COOL job to me...You have a little bit more management of your time I think.
Thanks for stopping by my website. I love it when you do.
You live in the same state as my son. I know it is a big place. He is in the Southern Part in Orange County. He has been very HOT this summer..Then his A/C broke...
At 9:48 AM,
Heather Smith said…
Sounds like a great job, and I can't agree more about credit unions, they ROCK!!
At 9:53 AM,
Unknown said…
#6 would make me very happy - that's what makes life so wonderful, is seeing a change in people and knowing you had something to do with it!! I've worked in credit unions for the past 11 years, I love them too - from both sides of the desk!!
My TT is up although it's a little more self-absorbed than I'd like...
At 10:44 AM,
Lazy Daisy said…
Bet you are good at subbing too. Bless you for being willing to make a difference in the lives of children.
At 11:50 AM,
Ali said…
subbing sounds great!
At 11:56 AM,
Ma said…
Must be gratifying when the children remember you.
thanks for stopping by my TT.
At 12:13 PM,
Jane said…
That's great. Subbing is fun because you don't have the same responsibility as the teacher but you get to have an impact on kids. Best of both worlds.
Thanks for stopping by my T13.
At 9:00 PM,
Tracie Nall said…
Wow.....you make subbign actually sound fun! Great list!
My TT is up!
At 10:01 PM,
eph2810 said…
$5,000 rebate - Oh.My.Goodness. That is just awesome.
Sub-teaching sounds fun...but I wouldn't know if I could do it...
Have a blessed Friday.
At 5:27 AM,
Carol said…
I've been toying with the idea of subbing in our district. This post is very encouraging. Thanks for the list!
Post a Comment
<< Home