Five Ingredient Friday

Peanut Brittle Recipe
Ingredients:
1 c. White Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c. White Sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. raw peanuts
Preparation:
Put syrup in frying pan and turn heat to medium. When hot, add cup of sugar. Then, when syrup is boiling, add peanuts and salt. Stir constantly in figure 8 until syrup is light brown. A little darker brown makes for an awesome peanut flavor, and no sticking in the teeth. Add 1 tsp. soda, stir, and immediately pour into buttered cookie pan. After the batch has been poured, let it cool enough to handle with hands. Remember, boiling syrup is HOT!!! so be very careful when you are making candies that use it. Flip the batch upside down and stretch out and make it thin enough to show the nuts through.
For more simple recipes visit our hostess at Overwhelmed With Joy.

6 Comments:
At 4:08 PM,
Overwhelmed! said…
You know, I love eating peanut brittle but I've never tried making it myself. I think I'll use your recipe and try it for some of my holiday baking. I'll try to let you know how it turns out!
Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.
And thanks for helping to spread the word to others!
At 4:40 PM,
Rae said…
My mom absolutely loves peanut brittle, so does my boy. I've been meaning to find a recipe to make some but just keep putting it off, now I'll have to use this and make some SOON! Thanks for the recipe! =)
At 5:33 PM,
Ms. Kathleen said…
My mother LOVES peanut brittle so I will pass this on to her. This is a holiday goodie!
At 6:50 PM,
Anonymous said…
Mmmm...I may try this! My grandmother made the best peanut brittle, and I've never thought of getting the recipe and trying to make it.
At 10:00 PM,
Barb said…
Doesn't stick to the teeth? I'm printing this as fast as I can.
:-)
At 12:34 PM,
Unknown said…
I've made candy, but never peanut brittle. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment
<< Home