Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Monday, October 02, 2006

"All Of Her" Sure Sounds Like "Oliver"

This is a conversation I had on the phone while subbing for a high school level class with someone from the attendance office. Warning: I get real tired after lunch...

Phone rings

Me: Sub for Mrs. Teacher!

Voice on phone: Would you send Shaquisa and "Oliver..." to the attendance office?

Me (looking at the seating chart): Okay, let me see... where does she sit, hmmmm.
(Looking at the class I ask): Okay is Shaquisa here?

She raises her hand.

(Telling the person on the phone): Okay she's here, and who else did you want? Did you say Oliver? (now I'm looking through the seating chart again) Oliver, Oliver, Oliver. I don't see Oliver on my list.

I ask the class: Is Oliver in this class? Does anyone know an Oliver?

Voice on phone repeating herself a few times, while I'm alittle too tired to slow down and focus, when I finally here her more clearly say: No, I just want you to send Shaquisa and tell her to take "all of her things" with her.

I apologized profusely for not understanding her and sent the one student they were looking for.

Lord help me...

10 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…

    Well I can understand that...You are subbing and you cannot know everyone and it does sound like that. How could you know..You did good!! Dont worry about it!!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger rena said…

    Hehehehe...we all have days like that! And these days, we can blog about it and make it feel better!

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Susie said…

    That is so funny! Real life experiences are hilarious sometimes.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Don't you just feel like a fool when you do something like that? Happens to me all the time. :-) Funny, funny.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Okay, that made me laugh. :) I've done something similar myself.

    Thanks for your comment on my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange post. I hope you found a few recipes that you liked. :)

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha!! That is funny. I can totally hear Oliver, in all of her...I'm sitting here saying to myself over and over :)

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…

    Good MOrning it is Wordless Wednesday...thanks for stopping by my blog...I love coming here....Sandy

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger terrible speller said…

    this made me laugh out loud! Thanks for sharing

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Caylynn said…

    Too funny! But "All of her" sure does sound like "Oliver"!

    Thanks for your comment on Dragonheart. Yes, Sphynx look for the warm places, and they give off plenty of warmth themselves too. :)

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Melli said…

    LOL!!! As a high school sub myself, I surely appreciate THIS story! We don't have the "phones" in the classroom at my school though -- we still use the PA system -- so when I don't understand, the WHOLE CLASS knows it!!! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home