Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Monday, September 18, 2006

If You Build It They Will Come


This weekend we went to a waiting adoptive families support group. One of the guest speakers was Ann Kiemel Anderson, author of many books, and who has 4 adotped sons of her own. Her words were encouraging and we were able to leave that meeting feeling uplifted and hopeful.
Waiting for anything is not easy.

So when we got home we were excited to put together our crib and get our nursery started. So for tackle it Tuesday here's the crib in the box which we bought four months ago, and then put together.

Next, I'll get a nice sheet set for it, one that would go well for either gender since that is one of the many unknowns for us in this stage.

See more Tackle-It-Tuesday's over at 5minutesformom!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Good for you for tackling the crib. I can't wait to see it with a cute sheet set on it.

    The waiting is so hard, isn't it? It was hard our first time and it's hard this second time around as we wait to get matched.

    I'm glad you went to a support group that had an uplifiting meeting. Just knowing you're not alone and that others HAVE made it through this process successfully is so comforting. I know it was for us!

    Please stop by my blog and let me know when there are any major developments in your adoption process, will you?

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice crib. It's exciting putting one together for a little bundle of love. :0) Enjoy!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    That is a great crib, good job :)

    Waiting for anything is always hard, but also so worth it isn't it??? Hang in there, before you know it, you'll have a beautiful little one :)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Honestly. I don't think bloglines is on its best behavior. I had no idea you'd done a new post. Sigh...

    Waiting for anything is hard but waiting for a baby must be excruciating.

    This is a lovely crib. Don't you just love going into that room and seeing it there? We got our crib way before we got our baby. :-) I spent a lot of time in the nursery rocker just staring at it.

    So sweet.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said…

    What a nice crib.
    I can't even imagine what it must be like to wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home