Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thankful Thursday


So much to be thankful for -
the rice pudding I just made
with cinnamon sprinkled on top,
the lovely cucumbers and tomatoes
I'm enjoying growing in the backyard,
the weather is still comfortable,
my seasonal allergies are done with,
my baby nephew is a delight to hold,
food, shelter and safety,
family time, couple time,
blessings and surprises,
and deep within my soul I am assured of the words from Romans 8:28,

"And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose."

You'll find more thankful expressions at Sting My Heart.

21 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    I love your list, the rice pudding sounds very yummy.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    yummm now I am hungry =) Rice pudding is a must when we head to Minnesota and stay in my in-laws cabin. It is just a tradition of ours.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    I love your list. How wonderful those things are, but how many times do we take them for granted.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Amypie71 said…

    I liked reading your list. I have a baby nephew too - he's a sweetie! And rice pudding, mmm yum I feel hungry now :-)

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said. (and send some of that rice pudding out to NY!) Blessings

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Lyndy said…

    What a yummy list.

    Thank you for sharing your thankful heart.

    Blessings,
    Lyndy

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said…

    I loved your list. Thanks for sharing . May the Lord Bless you this week and always.

    In his endless love,

    Angel ():)

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    Oh, I so love home-grown veggies :) - especially tomatoes. I can eat them with everything :). Okay maybe not with a jelly sandwich :)
    I am so glad that you are having a great time with your baby nephew.
    Paul was such an encourager -- I am glad that he wrote all those wonderful Scripture passages :)
    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
    Be blessed today and always.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Alycia said…

    Yum....cucubmers and tomatos from the garden sound delicous! YOu have a beautiful list! I have enjoyed reading through your posts! Blessings to you!

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I LOVE rice pudding! I'm on my way to your house! :) So thankful that God works good in all things for us.Blessings on your day

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Nise' said…

    Yikes, now I am hungry for breakfast! LOL Thanks for sharing today.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said…

    Can you share recipes?????

    Great list!

    Diane

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your list...it looks great, and the rice pudding sounds yummy.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said…

    Beautiful. I too am very thankful for those homegrown veggies!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I love the photo at the top. And love it that you garden. Can't wait for my first tomatoes. Blessings, Lynn

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said…

    It will be awhile here before we have tomatoes. In fact, many are just now planting them. You have a great list. Hugs!
    Have a God filled day!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    I will miss having a garden this year....I love fresh stuff from the garden.....
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Lyndy said…

    What a great list. Yummy too. :)

    Thank you for sharing your thankful heart.

    Blessings,
    Lyndy

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said…

    Hmmmm...a lot of today's posts are making me HUNGRY...and not just for more of God in my life, either:-)

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love baby nephews, what a nice list!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Vicki said…

    Great thankful list. I should do one tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by Windows. Always good to see you.

    hugs,
    Vicki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home