Two Weeks Old Yesterday
Diapers and Feeding and Burping and Sleeping ... Oh My!
Sounds so simple, yet it happens quite often throughout the day and night. But also our little prince has decided to struggle with going to sleep. So believe it or not it takes around an hour to two hours for each sequence of feeding and burping and diaper and sleeping to occur. Which leaves me with a grand total of around 45 minutes to a couple hours of sleep per sequence- well mostly overnight.
In the daytime I get caught up eating, washing bottles, doing a load of laundry - at the least. Well okay, and a tiny bit of blogging. But this time he's sleeping in my arms while I type with one hand. Last week I found myself telling hubby "I am not an octopus!"
Does it show I'm still very new at this? Though getting through these first two weeks has finally helped both of us and our little one to settle in and adjust better.
Sounds so simple, yet it happens quite often throughout the day and night. But also our little prince has decided to struggle with going to sleep. So believe it or not it takes around an hour to two hours for each sequence of feeding and burping and diaper and sleeping to occur. Which leaves me with a grand total of around 45 minutes to a couple hours of sleep per sequence- well mostly overnight.
In the daytime I get caught up eating, washing bottles, doing a load of laundry - at the least. Well okay, and a tiny bit of blogging. But this time he's sleeping in my arms while I type with one hand. Last week I found myself telling hubby "I am not an octopus!"
Does it show I'm still very new at this? Though getting through these first two weeks has finally helped both of us and our little one to settle in and adjust better.

2 Comments:
At 3:25 PM,
Katie Fries said…
Does it show that you're still new to this? I think one-handed typing is par for the course. ;) The sleep thing will get there...in time. Do you swaddle? My kids were never too dependent on swaddling, but I have friends who swear by The Miracle Blanket.
Congratulations, by the way!
At 4:21 PM,
Blessedw5mom said…
Congratulations on that beautiful baby!!! Yes it does get better, they sleeep longer there for the mommy sleeps longer and feels less like a fuzz for brains (at least thats how I always described those first 4-6 weeks)
Post a Comment
<< Home