Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yay! A Time to Rest

With all that goes on any typical week, and add to that any other unexpected things to overcome, I like to prepare my heart and soul for the upcoming chance to rejuvinate with the free time the weekend may offer. Here are some pics from my dad's yard which help me begin the slow down process.


This year he successfully pulled grape vines across as an arbor to cover the patio outside their kitchen. Green and red grapes are mixed through. And it's a delight to be sitting under there, as I marvel the great things God provides for us. I also love these flowers which I don't know the name of, and want to get some for my yard too. I share these with you.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Beautiful. Isn't amazing how relaxing God's beauty is.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    How very beautiful (both pictures). Does your dad eat the grapes? I would!

    There are some mornings I get up early just to have some alone quiet time and to watch the sun rise. It rejuvinates me!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger on the Rock said…

    Thanks y'all for visitng! My parents definitely eat the grapes and always send some home with us!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Toni said…

    i think that flower is called a hibiscus.

    we call it "gumamela" here in the philippines. :)

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    Way cool. Can you the grapes? Because they sure look great.

    Thank you for your encouraging comment yesterday :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home