Thankful Thursday
"Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me." (Matt 18:5)
After two days of struggling with my twisty and squirmy six month old baby boy, I finally had four successful diaper changes today! I am so thrilled and so thankful for that.
When I did some online searching for some answers on how to make diaper changes a better experience, I found tons and tons of advice by moms who had been-there-done-that. Thank you moms.
Some of the tricks I tried today to keep him on his back were:
-hiding a toy under his shirt
-let him play with a clean diaper
-gave him a plastic ice cream bowl
-gave him a colorful coaster
-and let him play with a noisy packaged plastic take out spoon
Even though it kept him calm, I still had to work fast. I'll be looking for more objects around the house tomorrow.
I was so proud of myself and so thankful for all the good advice that is out there.
Next challenge is to figure out how to get out of the house on errands when he gets hungry so often.
And enjoying some decaf iced-coffee each morning and night all summer has been a wondeful treat.

Thank you Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday - God bless you all!
After two days of struggling with my twisty and squirmy six month old baby boy, I finally had four successful diaper changes today! I am so thrilled and so thankful for that.
When I did some online searching for some answers on how to make diaper changes a better experience, I found tons and tons of advice by moms who had been-there-done-that. Thank you moms.
Some of the tricks I tried today to keep him on his back were:
-hiding a toy under his shirt
-let him play with a clean diaper
-gave him a plastic ice cream bowl
-gave him a colorful coaster
-and let him play with a noisy packaged plastic take out spoon
Even though it kept him calm, I still had to work fast. I'll be looking for more objects around the house tomorrow.
I was so proud of myself and so thankful for all the good advice that is out there.
Next challenge is to figure out how to get out of the house on errands when he gets hungry so often.
And enjoying some decaf iced-coffee each morning and night all summer has been a wondeful treat.
Thank you Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday - God bless you all!

8 Comments:
At 10:37 PM,
Denise said…
May you and your sweet baby be blessed.
At 3:55 AM,
Anonymous said…
Every belssing to you and your little family!
~Chrissy
At 11:59 AM,
Anonymous said…
Oh my, that iced coffee looks divine!!
At 12:08 PM,
Anonymous said…
Glad you found what works for your baby during diaper change. I'm blessed too that diaper change isn't much of a trouble for me. Cooing and simply talking (about diaper change!) to the baby work well for my me.
At 2:29 PM,
Melanie said…
Ahh.. your little guy sounds a bit like my daughter was as a baby. Wiggly, wiggly, wiggly! Yep, I had to find some good tricks to get those diaper changes done, too! :)
Happy Thankful Thursday!
At 2:33 PM,
bp said…
Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by. I have found many valuable tips on the web and from online friends I've made regarding questions care for my son. Glad you found some good ideas!
At 5:06 PM,
Barb said…
Thankfully, Avery is calm about diaper changes, but she's squirmy. I just let her play with the wipes - Krissy brings them to me in crackly packages and she loves to squeeze them.
Very nice list. That coffee looks wonderful!
At 6:17 PM,
A Stone Gatherer said…
Oh I remember those days! Sometimes the diaper was a big lopsided and saggy!
Post a Comment
<< Home