Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Friday, January 26, 2007

Book Meme

I came across this simple meme at Shalee's Diner today.
Here are the rules/requirements:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3. Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the author and book.
5. Tag three people of your own.

I'll try this one as close as possible to the rules, but not to the T. So I'll highlight the part that follows the rules:

"The best way to give your children time is the way in which they want to receive it. If they like eating out, eat out. If they like movies, go to the movies. If they participate in sports, go to their games. Be a chameleon. Change as their circumstances and interests change."
Patrick Morley "Seven Seasons of the Man in the Mirror"

My parents did this for me alot of the time, in the areas they could handle. But to this day I can't figure out for the life of me how they put up with listening to Metallica on full blast, in their 50's no less!
Even I can't stand it now.

I think a ton of you have already done this meme. So if you would like to take the challenge, consider yourself tagged and let me know so I can drop by!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Shalee said…

    Way to go, you rule-breaker, you!

    That book sounds VERY encouraging and insightful.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Pamela said…

    That sounds like great advice, and your parents were awfully sweet to put up with Metallica! lol

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…

    What parents dont do for we kids!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and seeing our new addition to our family..Miss Annie!! She is warming up to us nicely!! I hope she and our other cat..Simon do well in TIME!! Sandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home