Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 Meditations


This weekend we continued painting and putting in new flooring in the living room and office. We're almost done with our project, and then we'll return books to shelves and rearrange all the funtiure.

We have enjoyed attacking various tasks and projects around our home through our own physical labor, as a farmer would take satisfaction of tending to the needs of their own land. We feel one with our land when we personally tend to the needs of our home, our finances, our lives.

These accomplishments have especially been key for our newlywed years. In these 5 little years we have faced so much and have applied ourselves to so much.

We're definitely not ones to make New Year's resolutions once a year, nor do we time them to the begginning of the year. Certainly resolutions are made many times throughout the year.

But we did come to some meaningful realizations as we have been working on finalizing our home project. As we continue to organise things and sort out the old and unnecessary, we have decided to continue to simplify our lives physically and emotionally, and will look to increase and enhance our lives socially, spritually, and thus emotionally and physically as well.

We look forward to this year and all its possibilities. We look forward to continued wonderful miracles, especially the miracle of growing our family. And we lift up all of you in our thoughts and prayers as well.

Check out more meditations at Laurel Wreath's.
Blessings!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Scribbit said…

    We're looking at a kitchen remodel and I'm dreading it but loving it at the same time. You should enter your resolutions in my contest!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    This is right after my own heart. Nothing in the world is as satisfying to me as simplifying things and keeping them that way. Keeping them that way is, of course, the challenge. It's so easy to start accumulating "stuff" again but I try to be mindful of that.

    I love your approach to your new year.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know - there is always home improvements to be made -- but also spiritual improvements :) We try to work on both this year as well.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Laurel's little challenge...

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said…

    I hope that 2007 brings you lots of love, laughter, and growth in God! Blessings to you!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I am commenting here for a couple of posts. I really needed the fortune cookie message above, so thanks! As I look over your blog I think we have a lot in common! I have been married for nearly 4 years and we certainly consider them to be our newlywed years! We are also praying for the blessing of a family. I have been working on living simply. I wish you the very best in the new year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home