Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful it's just a matter of days now before our Monday adoption homestudy visit. Which means that I only have a few days left to keep getting everything into order around the home.

You can imagine the new messes that arise as rooms and closets get cleaned out. But oh how rewarding it is to look back and see the progress.

I've begun painting the bedrooms, we built two sheds in the backyard to store bikes, boxes, summer fans, patio chairs and all kinds of other goodies.

You can imagine the hours and days it takes to attack each thing on the to-do list.

But again - so rewarding.

Our social worker anticipates that we will be eligible to begin our child search by mid-November. Sometimes that feels like forever away.

And I guess the unknowns are alittle exciting. We are open to adopting a sibling group, but only God knows how many are destined to enter our family. And we don't know the ages or genders. So with this in mind, we can't go shopping yet for children's beds, decor, toys, clothes and all the other stuff.

And ofcourse, having to hold back on knowing only makes the excitement grow even greater.

In any case it just great to almost be there.

In the meantime, please forgive me as my brain lately feels like mush and it's really hard focusing on being a regular and supportive blogger. Yet I still do keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. And I thank you for yours too.

God Bless you all!
You'll find more thankful expressions at Sting My Heart.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Praying for you dear one.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    What an exciting time for the two of you. Like I keep saying -- God has already the perfect child/children picked for you. Now you just have to get through all the legal stuff.

    Continue to pray for you and your adoption :)

    (((hugs)))

    Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your progress.

    Blessings to you and yours.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my prayers for you and goodluck!thanks for sharing.happy TT!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    So very exciting! Cleaning with a grand purpose is much more fun, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations for coming this far. May God guide and direct your steps.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said…

    So very exciting! A new little member of your family on its way! God is so good! I pray all goes very well, very smooth.

    To God be the Glory!

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger TexasTanya said…

    How exciting for you! I remember our first days into the adoption process - how they were filled with lots of energy, bits of anxiety, and abounding hope. Our family is now complete due to the miracle of adoption, as one year ago we finalized the adoption of our two boys.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    How exciting! I would love to adopt someday...I think adoption is wonderful!! :)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jenileigh said…

    Wow! How exciting and rewarding to have the opportunity to adopt! Congratulations and thank-you for answering God's call to provide a loving Christian home to some child or children in need of one! Faithful servant indeed! I will pray that all goes smoothly and quickly!

    And if you have the time would you please stop by, I have a very special prayer request today! Thank-you!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a former foster mother,I remember what those home studys and family interviews are like. God has just the right someone or someones picked out for you as he did us all those years ago. You can read about our #2 daughter on my blog in an earlier post.
    Mama Bear

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    It's an incredible amount of work to get things ready, but the reward outweighs the work. It's very exciting. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Deadmanshonda said…

    I didn't know you were adopting!! This is FABULOUS! I'm so excited for you....will you be doing domestic or international? how blessed your children will be! I am always impressed by those who adopt....what bravery you have. Hugs.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    How exciting it is to come over here and read this great news. I'm crossing my fingers for you. And imagine if you DO get a sibling group. Multiple joy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home