Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Works For Me - Pumpkin Treats


While I've been thoroughly enjoying the infinite recipe's for fall goodies on many other blogs, it's time for me to share my version of pumpkin treats. So yeah, I don't have much time to try out the amazing recipes y'all have been posting. And I've had a major craving for middle eastern pumpkin sweets my parents used to make every year. It takes days to make this treat but understandably they've decided not to make it. But I did find some at the deli already made. So I snatched up a little jar to satisfy my craving. It's not exactly the same taste (though very close to it), but it does have the same crunch. They are sort of a candied pumpkin slices that are preserved in heavy syrup. If you ever get to try some you might get hooked on them too! An enjoyable works for me!

Check out more at Rocks in my Dryer.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Butterfly Mama said…

    sounds delish! I do still have a few pumpkins waiting to be pureed and frozen, maybe this could work. However the "days to make" seems a bit intimidating! Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger eph2810 said…

    It looks yummy. I just wish I would like the taste of pumpkin :)..
    Blessings on your day.

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Lady Why said…

    Wow! I've never heard of this. But, I love all things pumpkin so I'll give them a try! Thanks!!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Rae said…

    I've never heard of this..or even imagined they made anything like this! I have to find some soon and try some! Thanks for sharing =)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I LOVE anything pumpkin :) You just made me hungry!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    I've never heard of candied pumpkin. My husband would love these!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home