Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Works For Me - Blockbuster Busters


During some down time last month, hubby and I signed up for a one month unlimited movie pass at Blockbuster. We held off on renting or even going to the movies for many reasons, like they don't make movies like they used to, for the last 5 years. And we used to rent from the pharmacy for .99 cents until they stopped their program. So when we realized how much time we'd have on our hands, we made a list of everything we've been passing up on seeing.

And we rented... drumroll please...
48 movies in 30 days from Blockbuster!!!
That makes .62 cents per movie!
Out of that many movies we actually only liked around the following six:
- Akeelah and the Bee
- Batman Begins
- The Pink Panther
- Dreamer
- Eight Below
- Thank You For Not Smoking
And after we saw Supersize Me, we actually went out for BigMacs and fries!

See more at Rocks In my Dryer.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…

    We have been doing netflix here online for a long time now and do enjoy it. You can keep them for as long as you like and send them back and then another comes comes from your list. It is really easy. I recommend it. Sandy

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's a great deal. I do netflix only because I hate to have a set time to return. I also found that the library has a lot of the movies I want to see. So I rent the newer stuff from netflix and borrow the older ones fromt he library. This year alone I've watched 272 movies between those two sources and the movie theater which I don't visit nearly as much as I used to.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh and if you really like blockbuster, they also have an online rental thing (like netflix)

    http://www.blockbuster.com/

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said…

    48 flix in 30 days. Wow. Thats a lot of movies. We attempt to get 2 per week via Netflix.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    You are so funny. We still eat at McD's too even though we also saw "Supersize Me". Love those fries!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - 48 movies in 30 days - awesome! You do get the best deals, girl :)

    Well, as for the Supersize Me movie - we haven't eaten at McDonald's for over 1 1/2...

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger Mom2fur said…

    I belong to the club, where they ship them to your house. It's a lot of fun.
    But wow, out of all those movies, you only liked a few. What were the ones you really didn't like?
    I thought "Supersize Me" was funny. It made a valid point, but the idea of eating McDonald's every day for all 3 meals...yuck! I actually get the kid's meal for myself (shh, don't tell anyone I'm 50!) and bring the toy into the doctor's office where I work. It's just the right size for me. The meal, I mean...not the toy!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger owlhaven said…

    Wow, you got your money's worth out of that month!

    Thanks for commenting over at my place!

    Mary, mom to many

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Pamela said…

    When our TV quit working, we kind of missed out for several months and I really feel out of the loop. Now that my brother gave us his old TV I am eager to see a few video's and I appreciate your recommendations! Hope you all have a wonderful blessed Christmas! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home