Love Rocks!

living as children of God on the solid foundation of Christ

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Prayers For Us

We are just days from the birth of our baby! We can only hope we will get an exciting call early this week. In the meantime, as you can imagine, we've been so busy getting ready.

My camaro got sold this week - what timing! I said goodbye to it after 14 great and dependable years.

We picked our baby name, which can be quite the process. But I am finally content and happy with this choice. I had found a "what's your baby's name" quiz which I thought would give me some choices in the end. Instead once I completed it the following explanation was the result, which was equally exciting to me:

"You seem to be a pretty active person and an independent thinker who likes doing instead of just talking. If you want your child to be strong-minded and leave his or her mark on the world, you should consider baby names that people associate with being creative, smart, active, and strong."

The name we chose will match this well. We were finally told the gender, but I'll hold onto that until after things get more settled.

The house is getting alittle more neater, at an ever agonizingly slow process.
Hubby's new work hours are a bear, but we are eager to overcome by learning new sleeping and eating habits. In the meantime, we've probably gained 5 pounds each while we adjust.

And I got nailed with the worst seasonal allergic episode ever this week. It knocked me out a good two days. I can't remember my symptoms ever being this bad. I came down with it because I did some planting last weekend, followed by showing my car during the sunset hours and not getting enough sleep. My immune system just called it quits on me, and it took me three days to figure out what hit me. Ugh!

I just praise God I'm better and stronger, that stuff is finally getting done around the house, that the baby is due soon.

All I ask is for your continued prayers for us, our health and good sleep,
for a healthy level of excitement during a still risky period,
for the baby's health and safe delivery,
for the birthmom's safety, health and good recovery,
for her good discernment to follow through with placing the baby with us,
and for us to know how to be a blessing to her
and allow her to see God's work in her life.

God's Blessings to you!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praying for you my dear friend. How exciting...I keep checking in with you to find out the name AND the gender :)....

    I want to say it is a boy, but then again there is only a 50% chance *smile*.

    Allergies - argh. I only have a hard time with the orange trees bloom--so I really am hurting right now. Especially in the morning and at night.

    Great news that you sold your car. God's timing is always perfect.

    Blessings to your afternoon and always.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    How exciting for you! I will be praying for a safe and healthy baby and delivery. Alleries are the pits. Sorry you were so sick.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Baba said…

    A new baby will be God's blessing!!
    Show us some pictures , when you have time.Your days will be busy and full of exciting events.I was a baby nurse before I retired.Good luck with everything. Baba

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Faerylandmom said…

    Wow, there's a lot on your plate...I can only imagine what you must be feeling about your child coming into the world so soon. I thank you for helping someone who had to make a difficult choice, it sounds like. May the Lord truly bless you and your husband, as well as the birthmom of your little one. What strength all of you must have.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Praying for you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home