Happy Anniversary
We had a great time this weekend celebrating our six year wedding anniversary. Yesterday, both his and my parents all got together and went out of town for dinner. The time we had was lovely and full of laughter. Hubby and I felt truly blessed by our time especially because we could spend it with family.
And today we got alot of gardening done. We weeded half the backyard and then planted a few tomatoes and cucumbers. Last year wasn't so successful with the tomatoes because I planted in mid-summer. But this year I think I'll have a head start and I'll look forward to some yellow ones, big red ones, and cherry tomatoes.

And then ofcourse any anniversary must be celebrated with cake. Which do you think won out today?
Angel! See the little bit of whip cream and fruits in the picture on the box? Well here's my version of that - my mama taught me to make big servings only. Mmmm, so glad strawberries and grapes were on sale this week.
And today we got alot of gardening done. We weeded half the backyard and then planted a few tomatoes and cucumbers. Last year wasn't so successful with the tomatoes because I planted in mid-summer. But this year I think I'll have a head start and I'll look forward to some yellow ones, big red ones, and cherry tomatoes.
And then ofcourse any anniversary must be celebrated with cake. Which do you think won out today?

7 Comments:
At 2:55 AM,
Anonymous said…
Oh my! That cake looks so light and delicious! May I have a piece please? ;)
At 4:47 AM,
Susie said…
Looks so yummy! Happy Anniversary and what a fun celebration you must have had with your family. I think it is great that you have a garden. I have been thinking about starting one, but haven't taken that leap yet.
At 8:12 AM,
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…
Angel food was the best of the two as far as calories go...looks yummy and of course I am hungry!! Happy Anniversary to you both!! Sandy
At 8:50 AM,
Baba said…
Happy Anniversary to you and hubby!!
My husband loves strawberry short cake!! Have a great week. Baba
At 1:31 PM,
Terri | Sugar Free Glow said…
Happy Anniversary! We *love* Angel Food Cake around here! Yum!
At 5:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
Oh - happy belated anniversary. I totally missed it - sorry...
It sounds like you had a fantastic time :). I love your version of the angel food cake with fruit - lots of fruit is good for you :) I wish I could just pick-up the plate from the screen *grin*
Have a blessed Monday night...
At 12:04 PM,
Barb said…
Your angel food cake with the fruit is perfect for such a celebration. Congratulations, you two.
I know you're on pins and needles right now. I'm so excited about hearing your good news. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home