Tumultuous Yet Victorious
For those of you who have been lifting us up in your prayers concerning our adoption match, we have some sad news to share. I don't even feel like going into any of the details, but to keep it brief, this match did not work out.
Our agency is claiming they were scammed by this birthmother, yet we don't quite understand why the agency did not take seriouly our questions and concerns about this case. We tried, for the whole two and a half months, to alert them to the signs as to why they should be concerned about this person. Instead of listening to us, they judged us for even having those concerns and questions.
And now all they can say is "I'm so sorry." Sometimes I really hate those words because without action they are in the end just words. The head superviser suggested a meeting for reconciliation and healing. A meeting is just that, a meeting. Ugh. I want respect and dignity, I want action, I want the assurance of behavioural changes.
Only God has been watching over our best interest in this. We are so thankful this questionable case resolved itself through some unexpected revelations. We are thankful this baby did not enter our home and then get taken back later. We have been saved from what could have been ten thousand times worse - all thanks to God - no thanks to our agency.
Please continue to lift us up in your prayers as we discern how we need to proceed next because we really don't know right now. Pray for us and also our parents who have been equally excited for us and supporting us through this journey, and yet also experiencing the same sadness as us. We've had the wind knocked out of us and still doing our best to support each other.
Our agency is claiming they were scammed by this birthmother, yet we don't quite understand why the agency did not take seriouly our questions and concerns about this case. We tried, for the whole two and a half months, to alert them to the signs as to why they should be concerned about this person. Instead of listening to us, they judged us for even having those concerns and questions.
And now all they can say is "I'm so sorry." Sometimes I really hate those words because without action they are in the end just words. The head superviser suggested a meeting for reconciliation and healing. A meeting is just that, a meeting. Ugh. I want respect and dignity, I want action, I want the assurance of behavioural changes.
Only God has been watching over our best interest in this. We are so thankful this questionable case resolved itself through some unexpected revelations. We are thankful this baby did not enter our home and then get taken back later. We have been saved from what could have been ten thousand times worse - all thanks to God - no thanks to our agency.
Please continue to lift us up in your prayers as we discern how we need to proceed next because we really don't know right now. Pray for us and also our parents who have been equally excited for us and supporting us through this journey, and yet also experiencing the same sadness as us. We've had the wind knocked out of us and still doing our best to support each other.

8 Comments:
At 11:31 AM,
Barb said…
There are no words. I'm trying so hard to avoid saying, "I'm so sorry," but I truly am.
For everything, there is a reason. I know your heart is broken.
Know that you are in my prayers. There's a baby in your future. For some reason, this wasn't your baby.
I'm truly sorry for the pain this has caused you and your family.
At 11:42 AM,
on the Rock said…
Barb, thank you for being there for us. You're right, adding children to our family has been on our hearts forever it seems. We should not give up.
At 2:30 PM,
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said…
How horrible..to get your hopes, plans and dreams all up in the air and then to be so dropped like this. God has a plan for everyone. I know that you know that and I know that everyone can say that but it does not help one bit to keep hearing it. It is all that I can really say though. Take care.
Sandy
At 12:48 AM,
Overwhelmed! said…
Oh, how heart breaking! I'm sorry you had to go through this.
Please don't give up though. Where there's a will, there's a way.
I'm offering up prayers for you and your family!
At 5:09 AM,
Anonymous said…
This is indeed very sad...I will continue to lift you up in prayers.
I love how you see the positive (if there is such a thing in this case) side. Yes, it could have been worse if the child would have been placed in your home and taken away after been with you for a while.
Much love and (((hugs)))
At 11:08 AM,
on the Rock said…
Thank you all for the lovely prayers and encouragement:)
At 5:26 PM,
Lori said…
I am late catching up on things.
Can I just offer a big hug and some prayers. Blessings sweet sister!!
At 6:38 PM,
Tricia said…
I'm so sorry to hear this news today. Praying for you and your husband.
Post a Comment
<< Home